Garnering Stakeholder Support
The success of a new health care reform policy often is determined by whether decision makers, advocates, taxpayers, and other stakeholders put their support behind it. The Center for Health Law and Economics at UMass Medical School serves as a resource for public agencies working to gain the backing of the many constituencies involved in health care system reform.
Drawing on their experience as key contributors to health reform efforts in Massachusetts, consultants and policy analysts at the Center for Health Law and Economics develop targeted stakeholder outreach strategies for clients. We credibly present the facts and features of a health reform plan to a wide variety of interested stakeholders. Since reforms can affect each group in a different way, we tailor our communication of the benefits and challenges to each individual party — presenting the information in the manner its members will find most compelling.
The Center for Health Law and Economics at UMass Medical School will help clients garner stakeholder support by:
- Briefing legislative members and committee staffers
- Briefing executive officers and other leaders
- Working directly with consumer advocates, health care providers, and trade associations
- Convening and facilitating forums for a variety of interest groups
- Drafting clear and concise communications materials for stakeholders in government and the community