Unlike Supervision, which is intended to support you while you teach MBSR classes, Consultation focuses on your needs for guidance and feedback as you:
- Teach the principles of mindfulness or MBSR to specific audiences
- Adapt the principles of MBSR to meet the needs of various professions and occupations
- Develop mindfulness-based programs other than MBSR
The Consultation program gives you the opportunity to meet with a CFM senior instructor, in person or by telephone, to explore issues and questions that arise out of your own self-reflections about your MBSR professional training teaching and presentations. Unlike the Supervision program, which is intended to support you while you teach MBSR classes, the Consultation program focuses on your needs for guidance and feedback while teaching professionals about MBSR, or in presenting the work of MBSR to other audiences and populations in a variety of formats.
Once your needs are evaluated, you will be assigned to a senior CFM instructor who will act as your advisor, and with whom you may arrange a number of individual sessions. The results of a Consultation engagement may include the development of supporting instructional materials such as curricula, recordings, workbooks, and other teaching resources.
- Create supporting instructional materials, including course curricula, audio tapes or CDs, workbooks, and other teaching resources
- Explore the dynamics of the participant-practitioner relationship through the lens of mindfulness Integrate your personal mindfulness practice into your work
- Cultivate specific competencies necessary for teaching MBSR, such as present-centered awareness, attentional flexibility and the ability to connect theoretical constructs of stress reactivity and enhanced coping with essential qualities of mindfulness meditation practice
- Develop sensitive and skillful use of group process, pacing and rhythm, inquiry and investigation, and clear, direct, inviting language
- Completion of one or both of the Oasis Foundational Training Programs - MBSR in Mind-Body Medicine: A 7-Day Residential Training/Retreat and/or Practicum in MBSR. (Note that preference will be given to applicants who have completed both Foundational Training Programs, are currently teaching MBSR, and have completed the Teacher Development Intensive.)
- Ongoing daily meditation and body-centered awareness practice and commitment to the integration of mindfulness into everyday life
- Professional experience and graduate degree or equivalent in the fields of health care, education, and/or social change
- Experience as a group facilitator
- Regular participation in 5-10 day silent, teacher-led mindfulness meditation retreats. Please indicate the dates and tradition of your retreats in your application.
- For consultations regarding teaching professional training in MBSR, Certification in MBSR is required.
- Application fee: $50 payable to the CFM. Consultation may be initiated at any time, following the acceptance of your application for the program.
- Consultation Fee: $175 per hour.
How to Apply:
Please apply using our online application form. You will need to have your CV/Resume available on your computer before you begin filling out the application form because you will attach it to the application form and you cannot submit the form without the CV/Resume. The CV/Resume should be in MS Word or PDF format.