The Center for Mindfulness is seeking candidates for the position of Project Coordinator of Oasis Institute Programs
To apply, click here
Requisition # 2012-20171
Working Title: Project Coordinator of Oasis Institute Programs, Center for Mindfulness
Department: Stress Reduction Clinic - W710073 (Preventive and Behavioral Medicine)
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Director or designee, the Project Coordinator will lead small projects or subcomponents of larger, more complex projects. Responsible for independent action on multiple projects as assigned. Tasks vary according to the priorities of the department.
This position coordinates all Oasis Institute professional education and training programs, interacts with a broad-based international constituency, provides ongoing liaison with program directors, tracks and monitors Oasis Institute statistics (i.e., applications, enrollments, budgets), communicates with prospective candidates, interfaces with all off-site training facilities, develops targeted marketing initiatives, implements and manages databases, complies and analyzes data, and coordinates and monitors program and project evaluation efforts, attends to all aspects of the CME/CEU process. This position reports to the Director of the Oasis Institute and the Associate Director of the CFM.
- Lead small projects in collaboration with the Director or designee
- Leads the coordination of all aspects of professional training programs offered through the Oasis Institute.
- Responds to email and telephone inquiries in a timely manner
- Manages the application process for Oasis Institute training programs
- Reviews applications (including those for tuition assistance)
- Makes recommendations
- Organizes review meetings and processes
- Corresponds with applicants as needed in a timely manner
- Manages the certification process
- Applies for CMEs and CEUs as required
- Manages and participates in the drafting of language to insure that all Oasis Institute program information is up-to-date (brochures, website, emails, FAQs, etc.).
- Manages the registration process
- Coordinates marketing efforts
- Maintains Oasis Institute program calendar
- Directs the administrative assistant in the preparation of program materials and logistics; assists in the preparation of materials and logistics when possible
- Ensure that new project development is timely, successful, and meets expectations
- Schedules meetings to meet new program timelines
- Assists in the development of curriculum
- Manages and participates in the development of new course descriptions, outgoing communications, website updates for all new programs
- Convene and direct project teams to effectively address project requirements according to objectives, schedule and budget
- Schedules Oasis Institute team meetings
- Prepares the agenda with input from team members and approval of the Director
- Manages meeting outcomes with follow-ups, reminders, completion of work, as appropriate
- Participate in new project development and the implementation of project related activities for the department
- Document and maintain current: project development reports, meeting minutes, decisions, progress reports, schedules, budgets, cost tracking reports, and other pertinent records
- This position within the Oasis Institute is the hub and the bridge: it is responsible for timely and smooth workflows and the sharing of timely information on three levels: within the Oasis Institute, within the CFM, and with our external constituents, as needed.
- Tracks awards through the tuition assistance program and reports monthly on the usage against the budget to the Associate Director
- Provides statistical reports on enrollments, applications, and other critical data no less than monthly to the Oasis Institute team, the CFM Associate Director, and the CFM Executive Director.
- Implement and manage tasks in accordance with departmental objectives
- Initiates a weekly check-in with supervisors as to the priorities for the week
- Adjusts priorities as needed to address unanticipated, critical matters that cannot wait
- Assist senior staff with project specific activities in a timely and efficient manner, develop project plans in Microsoft Project, compile and analyze data, produce project reports, maintain project plans, and schedule meetings
- Prepare multi-media presentations and reports utilizing a variety of software applications
- Initiate and maintain contact with key personnel including staff, department heads and external parties
- Participates as a member of project teams
- Is a full, active member of the CFM annual conference team; attends meetings and completes assigned tasks
- Is a full, active member of the CFM marketing and communications team; attends meetings and completes assigned tasks
- Update the Director or designee on project details and changes in a timely manner
- Provides a weekly, informal status report (via email) on applications processes, email and telephone communications, enrollments, and key highlights
- Recommend alternative courses of action and implement changes when necessary
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 2 years of project coordination or related experience
- Demonstrates excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills. Utilizes independent judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to interact with all organizational levels; demonstrated ability to work appropriately with confidential information
- Demonstrate the ability to assess priorities and operate in a flexible manner
- Ability to work in a team and meet performance deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use computer-based tools including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database products, and Microsoft Office products.
- Experience in administering training and educational programs and understands the scope of work involved with preparing materials, organizing applications, communicating with constituents, and the production required to support off-site programs
- Customer-service oriented
- Detail oriented
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ideal candidates will have either experience or interest in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and meditation.
Under the direction of the Director or designee; specifically reports to the Director of the Oasis Institute
and the Associate Director of the CFM. SUPERVISION EXERCISED:
May supervise Project Assistants or other support staff; specifically, shares supervisory responsibility for the Administrative Assistant of Oasis Institute
and any others assigned to assist the Oasis Institute
. ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Usual office environment; specifically, the main office of the Center for Mindfulness is a standard office environment; off-site training programs are held world-wide and in a variety of settings that may require walking, using stairs, carrying, and lifting.
How to apply:
Applications for this position must be submitted online through the UMass Medical School Human Resources Department website. Applications and resumes submitted directly to the Center for Mindfulness will not accepted.
Note: The job description above represents the specific responsibilities and duties of the Coordinator of Oasis Institute Programs at the UMMS Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society. The online version of UMMS Human Resources position to which you will apply differs in detail.
Please click here to see the official UMass job description and application form.
Questions about this position may be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org