Methods of Tissue Procurement
Fresh Tissue Procurement
Fresh, diseased tissue is collected and processed immediately after surgery.
- When possible, surrounding healthy tissue is collected as a matched normal control.
- A variety of services are available including routine histology, fresh tissue for cell culture, frozen sections, as well as DNA and RNA extraction.
- Anonymous, de-identified clinical and pathologic data are linked to the specimens in a secure database. Sample Pathology Report
- Specific study needs can be met and consultation during study design is available and recommended.
- Assistance in the IRB approval process is offered.
- PLEASE NOTE: IRB approval is required if you need identifiable private clinical information and/or patient follow-up for your study.
Method of Bone Marrow/Blood Procurement
Bone Marrow and Blood Procurement
Bone marrow and blood specimens are collected and available as fresh cell isolates, frozen cell isolates or unprocessed.