Method of Tissue Procurement
Fresh Tissue Procurement
Fresh, diseased tissue is collected and processed immediately after surgery.
- When possible, surrounding healthy tissue is collected as a matched normal control.
- A variety of services are available including routine histology, fresh tissue for cell culture, frozen sections, as well as DNA and RNA extraction.
- Anonymous, de-identified clinical and pathologic data are linked to the specimens in a secure database. Sample Pathology Report
- Specific study needs can be met and consultation during study design is available and recommended.
- Assistance in the IRB approval process is offered.
- PLEASE NOTE: IRB approval is required if you need identifiable private clinical information and/or patient follow-up for your study.
Please see our FAQ for IRB approval information.
Method of Bone Marrow/Blood Procurement
Bone Marrow and Blood Procurement
Bone marrow and blood specimens are collected and available as fresh cell isolates, frozen cell isolates or unprocessed.
Please see our FAQ for blood collection information.