Study Planning and Design
- Choosing an appropriate randomization technique.
- Choosing the appropriate sampling technique.
- Sample size estimization and power analysis.
- Proposal development.
Data Collection and Entry
- Survey design.
- Creation of individualized computer data entry programs
- EPI INFO Manuals
- Pascal programming language.
- Optical marks recognition (scanner) form design and programming.
- Other methods.
- Survey design methodology.
- Data entry services.
- Human entry.
- Optical marks recognition (scanner).
- Translation of databases to appropriate formats for statistical analysis.
- Assure quality and integrity of data.
- Merge datasets.
- Programs transformations of the data for statistical analysis.
- Descriptive Statistics
- Means, medians, modes, standard deviations, etc.
- Frequency distributions.
- Stem-and-leaf displays.
- Box plots.
- Graphic plots
- Univariate analyses, including:
- Chi-squares (crosstabs).
- Analysis of Variance (ANOVA), including repeated measures and Analysis of Covariance (ANCOVA).
- Correlational analysis.
- Nonparametric tests such as
- Mann-Whitney U
- Exact tests for small samples
- Categorical data analysis, including:
- Log-linear modeling
- Logistic regression
- Survival analysis and Life tables
- Multivariate Analysis of Variance (MANOVA) and
- Multivariate Analysis of Covariance (MANCOVA)
- Discriminant analysis
- Linear regression
- Factor analysis -- Exploratory and Confirmatory
- Structural modeling (LISREL)
- Hierarchical linear models
- Survey analysis, including
- Item analysis
- Psychometric analysis
- ROC analysis
- Meta-analysis techniques
- Program evaluation and quality assurance research
- Health services research and medical outcomes research
- Create tables and graphical representations of data.
- Assist in the writing up of results for presentations and publication.
- Respond to reviews from reviewers of funding agencies and journals.
- Present monthly seminars on Basic Research Methods at UMMC.
- Available for workshops and seminars.
- Advise and review applicants for UMMC internal grants.
- Sponsor a statistical users group.
- Publish a biannual UMMC newsletter, Correlations. Maintain this website.
▴ Back To Top