With over 85 desktop computers and 90 computer driven instruments, BMP has its own Network Administrator Luca Leone, 970Z x68301. Luca is responsible for providing comprehensive multi-platform workstation research related support to the BMP user community.
- Computer support for all Windows, Apple and Linux machines
- Configures, installs and supports desktop and scientific software and hardware
- Supports computer driven BMP departmental equipment
- Helps maintain equipment software and hardware and acts as a liaison between BMP and the scientific vendors
- Maintains BMP administrative servers
- Oversees BMP poster printer (see below)
- Installs standalone and networked desktop application software, insuring that the system is properly configured and in keeping with UMMS standards
- Provides software training to faculty, postdocs and students when applicable
- Troubleshoots desktop end user problems unresolved through phone support that need immediate attention
Web Site Organization/Updates:
Poster Printer Information (970Z):
In Luca’s absence, the UMMS IS departments helpdesk can be contacted for full support at x64357 (6HELP) or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.