Bi-monthly meeting of New England C. elegans workers.
Pizza and four research talks of about 20-25 minutes, with breaks for conversation.
We meet at 6:00 PM in the first floor conference room of the MIT Biology building.
BAWM food and drink is enabled by financial support from…..
1 Patrick O'Hern (Hart Lab) "Decreased SMN caused deleterious increases in neuronal M2 muscarinic
receptors due to microRNA misregulation"
2. Matthias Truttmann (Ploegh Lab) "Protein AMPylation: A novel post-translational modification
that regulates HSP70 family proteins”
3. Steven Flavell (Flavell Lab) "Neural Mechanisms for Persistent Behavioral States"
4. Christopher Chute (Srinivasan Lab) "TYRA-2: A trace amine receptor's role in an innate avoidance response"
1. Samuel Chung (Gabel Lab) "A novel form of neuronal regeneration shares links with activity-dependent
ectopic outgrowth and mammalian lesion conditioning"
2. Erel Levine (Levine lab) "Systems biology of host response in space and time"
3. Marissa Fletcher (Kim lab, MIT) "Age-dependent DAF-7/TGFβ neuroendocrine signaling modulates lifespan
extension conferred by dietary restriction”
4. Nic Lehrbach (Ruvkun lab) "Surveillance and regulation of the proteasome by SKN-1A/Nrf1"
1. Joseph Zullo (Yankner Lab) "Regulation of Lifespan by REST-Mediated Effects on Neuronal Activity"
2. Sebastian Boland (Farese and Walther Lab) "PEGCs: novel glycosphingolipids that mobilize
cholesterol in Caenorhabditis elegans"
3. Anna Corrionero Saiz (Horvitz Lab) "The C. elegans homolog of the ALS/FTD gene C9orf72 functions
in phagosomal, autophagosomal and endosomal degradation"
4. Christoph Engert (Horvitz Lab) "SET-17/PRDM promotes spermatocyte transcriptional output and fertility"
3. Ziyun Wu (Blackwell Lab) “Longevity from dietary restriction and reduced insulin/IGF-1
signaling requires modulation of p38/ATF-7 innate immunity”
4. Alejandro Vasquez Rifo (Ambros Lab) "A genomic analysis of the pathogenic relationship
of P. aeruginosa with C. elegans"
1. Alison Wirshing (Cram Lab) "The C. elegans spermatheca is a novel in vivo model tube
for elucidating the roles of actin interacting proteins in
2. Cory Pender (Horvitz Lab)
3. Mike O'Donnell (Sengupta Lab)
4. William Mohler (WormGUIDES Collaboration) "State of the WormGUIDES Collaboration"