The Enterprise Project Management Office provides a full spectrum of project management training to equip professionals with the tools to follow project management best practices, often in preparation for Project Management Institute (PMI) Certification.
Our training program is comprised of three tracks that focus on developing project management skills and competencies. Those who complete the training are eligible to test for certification from the Project Management Institute.
The project management training tracks are derived from our Project Management Guide and include:
- Track 1: Project Management Guide
- Track 2: Internal Project Management Certification
- Track 3: Tool Training
Project Management Guide instructs participants on each phase of the project life-cycle, and includes training on all related tools and templates in the Guide:
- Implementation and Execution
- Project Closure
Internal Project Management Certification consists of six customized one- to two-day training seminars focused on formal project management topics leading to internal project management certification. This certification prepares participants for the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) project management certification test.
- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Scheduling and Cost Control
- Managing Risk
- Project Leadership, Management, and Communication
- Managing Quality
- Contract Management
Tool Training provides individualized instruction on several project management tools, including:
- Project Reporter (UMass Medical School’s project status reporting tool and project repository)
- Microsoft Project (commercially available project planning tool)
- Planview (commercially available project planning tool)