IMMUNOLOGY-VIROLOGY QUALIFYING EXAM
The Immunology/Virology qualifying exam consists of the preparation and oral defense of a research proposal and a test of general knowledge. Both the oral defense of the proposal and the test of general knowledge take place on the same day. The student’s examining committee will be appointed by the Immunology or Virology Graduate Director. Each student must successfully complete the Qualifying Exam on or before May 28th of their second year. A student who has not completed the Exam by May 28th will not be eligible for a stipend, unless an exception has been voted by the Immunology and Virology Program Faculty.
Please refer to the GSBS Standards Document for additional general information about the exam.
- Title due Feb 1, 2010.
- Qualifying Exam Committee or Research Advisory Committee appointed by Feb 10, 2010
- Abstract of research proposal due Feb 15, 2010
- Final abstract due on or before Mar 15, 2010
- Proposal due four weeks after abstract acceptance date.
- Qualifying exam scheduled >10 days after proposal submission and on or before May 17, 2010.