UMass Worcester is a member of the Colleges of Worcester Consortium, which consists of 12 colleges and universities in the greater Worcester area. Cross-registration is an arrangement among all Consortium member colleges and universities that allows full-time, undergraduate day students at these institutions to take courses at others.
Generally, courses are open subject to space availability and prerequisites. Cross-registration is a no-charge arrangement. Exceptions to this are additional fees charged for special programs, laboratory materials and supplies, and the determination of a course overload whereby students may be required to pay a course fee to their home institution.
Course Availability Information
Cross-registration is available only during fall and spring semesters. A list of all courses offered each semester is available in the Master Course Database. Check with host institution for the most up-to-date course information.
Full-time undergraduate day students may cross-register for courses at host institutions. The standard cross-registration load is one course per student per semester. Cross-registration privileges are not extended to evening students, summer students, continuing education students, or part-time students. Exceptions to these guidelines may be made from time-to-time by the academic deans at the home and host institutions. Arrangements for graduate students are made by mutual agreement of the institutions involved.
How to Cross-Register
- Review Consortium catalogue on-line
- URL: www.cowc.org/
- Cross-registration forms are in the Registrar’s Office
- The student completes the cross-registration form and obtains signatures of the appropriate officials in their school, and a final signature by the Registrar, verifying enrollment
- The student brings the completed cross-registration form, with signatures, to the Registrar’s Office of the host college in the Consortium where the course is being offered
- The host school Registrar signs off and mails the cross-registration form back to the UMass Registrar
- The student is enrolled in the selected course
- The course and final grade will appear on the student’s transcript