9 Day Intensive Practicum Description
The 9 Day Intensive Practicum was initiated in 2003 to meet the needs of professional trainees who are unable to be in residence at the program in Worcester, MA. Note that preference will be given to applicants who have attended MBSR in Mind-Body Medicine: A 7-Day Residential Training/Retreat. Preference is also given to individuals who are traveling from a long distance.
As a participant in the 9 Day Intensive Practicum you will be asked to:
- Participate in Mindfulness Tools for Living the Full Catastrophe, a five-day program offered by the CFM. (This program, offered since 1992, is open to the public and includes key elements of the eight-week Stress Reduction Program.),
- Participate in a four-day intensive seminar, which includes dialogue with the other Practicum participants who attended the Mindfulness Tools course and the course teachers,
- Complete reading assignments relevant to the course prior to attendance,
- Present teachings based on reading assignments and
- Guide other seminar participants in meditation or yoga.
Attendance at all 9 Days of the program is required. Please wait until you are notified of your acceptance into the Practicum before you register for the Mindfulness Tools for Living the Full Catastrophe 5-day course.
Click here to return to Practicum description, dates, continuing education information and how to apply