Eight-week Seminar Practicum Description
The Eight-week Seminar Practicum was formerly known as the “Professional Internship Program.” Since its inception in 1981, more than 2,000 professionals have completed this program. (Note: Graduate credit is available for this program through Lesley University, Cambridge, Massachusetts. If you are interested in this credit option, please indicate your interest in your application and the Oasis Coordinator will send you details regarding the registration process, upon your acceptance.)
As a participant in the eight-week Seminar Practicum you will be asked to:
- Participate in a 4.5 hour pre-program Practicum orientation and a 4.5 hour post-program Practicum closure session. (In addition, Practicum participants are welcome to attend a pre-program orientation session for regular MBSR program participants.)
- Participate in the eight-week Stress Reduction Program, which includes weekly classes of approximately 2.5 to 3.5 hours and one all-day session on a weekend midway through the program
- Attend weekly 3 hour seminar meetings which include dialogue with other Practicum participants and your teacher
- Present teachings based on reading assignments
- Guide other seminar participants in meditation or yoga
- Discuss professional, institutional, and administrative aspects of the work relevant to your background and career path.
During most cycles (seasons), we offer day and afternoon/evening sessions. Day sessions are held on Wednesdays from 9:00am-3:30pm and afternoon/evening sessions are held on Thursdays from 1:30pm-8:30pm. If you have a preference, you should indicate which one you prefer in your application letter. We will do our best to accommodate your request, but we cannot guarantee that you'll be placed in your first choice.
The schedule is as follows:
9:00-11:30am* - Stress Reduction Program Participation
12:30-3:30pm - Seminar Participation
1:30-4:30pm - Seminar Participation
6:00-8:30pm* - Stress Reduction Program Participation
*note: the first and last class are extended by a half-hour and one hour, respectively.Click here to return to Practicum description, dates, continuing education information and how to apply