Spinach Salad with Manchego cheese
• 9 ounces spinach leaves
• 1 endive (or other green)
• 1 cup Manchego cheese (aged cheese)
• 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
• 3 tablespoons honey
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• ¼ cup peeled and chopped shallots
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon pepper
To make salad, chop the spinach and endive leaves to the desired size. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
To make dressing, blend all the dressing ingredients together in a food processor until smooth. Toss with the salad and serve.
Makes 4 to 6 servings; salad dressing makes 1/3 cup