Academic Year 2011-2012 Image Inventory
- PC Operating Systems: Windows 7
- Mac Operating System: Mac OS 10.6.4
- PC: IE 8 – configured for compatibility mode
- Mac: Firefox 3.6.6
Java Run-Time Environment
- PC: Sun 1.6.x
- Mac: Apple 1.4.x
Bookmarks for PC and MAC
Additional Programs: Latest Version
- iTunes - configured to launch by opening mp3, mp4 and m4b file extension
- Quicktime - configured to launch by opening mov file extension
- Flash Player - configured to launch by opening swf file extension
- Shockwave - configured to launch by opening dcr file extension
- Polyvision Drivers (for Eno Boards)
- Smart Software (for Smart Boards)
- Symantec SEP11 – antivirus and anti-spyware
- Windows Media Video Player - configured to launch by opening wmv file extension
- MS Office 2010
- Outlook 2010
- Flip 4 Mac - configured to launch by opening wmv file extension
- MS Office 2011
- Outlook 2011
Internet Options/Security Setting/Active X Controls and Plug-ins
These settings have been chosen to ensure optimal performance when using the UMMS Learning Management System (BLS Vista) and other supported applications you will use for your courses.
- Pop-up blocker disabled
- Java Script enabled
- Cookies enabled
- BLS Vista (https://learning.umassonline.net/) is a trusted site (PC)/not a restricted site (Mac)
- Virtual Microscopy (http://islide.umassmed.edu) is a trusted site (PC)/not a restricted site (Mac)
- Responseware (http://www.rwpoll.com/) is a trusted site (PC)/not a restricted site (Mac)
- Third party toolbars (Google, MSN, Bing, etc.) disabled
- Ensure off-campus access to UMass Intranet: Please refer to the Disable Integrated Windows Authentication PDF. Once disabled, you will be prompted to login; instructions can be found at http://www.umassmed.edu/is/intranet_login.aspx.
- Security warning when opening files in BLS Vistal; Please refer to the BLS Vista Security Warning Opening Files PDF.
- Java cache settings: Please refer to the BLS Vista Clearing Java Cache PDF.
- For Lockdown Browser setting: Disable Remote Management - Please refer to the CBT Disabling Apple Remote Services PDF.
- Setting for automatic updates for Firefox disabled
- Since Macs do not utilize Microsoft Internet Secruity and Acceleration (ISA) Server, Macs do not pass your authentication information to certain websites, such as the UMass Intranet. You will be prompted to login; instructions can be found at http://www.umassmed.edu/is/intranet_login.aspx.